Enhancements to the TBESS
A number of enhancements have been made to the Temporary Business Energy Support Scheme (TBESS).
The enhancements are as follows:
- the extension of the scheme to 31 May 2023
- an increase in the monthly limit on payments for claim periods from 1 March 2023 onwards:
- the €10,000 monthly limit on payments under the scheme has been increased to €15,000 per qualifying business
- the €30,000 monthly limit has been increased to €45,000 per qualifying business in cases where the qualifying business operates across multiple locations.
- a reduction of the energy costs threshold from 50% to 30%, with effect from 1 September 2022
- an increase in the Temporary Business Energy Payment (TBEP) amount from 40% to 50% of a business’ eligible costs from 1 March 2023
- an extension of the time limit for all claims to 31 July 2023.
The TBESS guidelines have been updated to reflect these changes.
A qualifying business can make claims for the September 2022 to April 2023 claim periods.
Revenue will automatically reassess claims using the new 30% energy costs threshold. A business will not need to amend claims previously submitted to take account of the revised threshold. Processing of claims using the revised threshold will commence the week beginning 24 April 2023. A business will receive a notification in their Revenue Online Service (ROS) inbox if any additional payment is due.